SCMIRF provides all lines of property and casualty coverage including tort liability and automobile coverage for its member municipalities. The program emphasizes loss control to minimize the member cost of risk, resulting in lower contributions for all members. The control of the program is vested in a nine member board of trustees, elected from and by the membership.
The program began operating on October 1, 1990, with 14 municipalities.
To participate in SCMIRF, an eligible entity may request membership upon adoption of a resolution of the entity's governing body. The SCMIRF board of trustees's must approve any prospective members. The board establishes annual rates, approves the annual budget and approves return of surplus, if any. Administrative services are performed by the Municipal Association of SC.
- Fire Services
- Law Enforcement
- Public Works
- Crisis Communication Toolkit
- Parks and Recreation Liability Toolkit
- Public Entity Contractual Liability Toolkit
- Public Officials Liability Toolkit
- Public Works Safety and Liability Toolkit
- Sewer Backup Response Toolkit
- Special Events Liability Toolkit